Wednesday, December 8, 2010

she brought this to me today...

and i am forever grateful

from rumi - the book of love

You have said what you are.
I am what I am.
Your actions in my head,
my head here in my hands
with something circling inside.
I have no name
for what circles
so perfectly.

Lightning, your presence
from ground to sky.
No one knows what becomes of me,
when you take me so quickly.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing
there is a field. I'll meet you there.
When the soul lies down in that grass,
the world is too full to talk about.
Ideas, language, even the phrase each other,
doesn't make any sense.

I am a glass of wine with dark sediment.
I pour it all in the river.
Love says to me, "Good, but you don't see
your own beauty. I am the wind
that mixes in your fire, who stirs
and brightens, then makes you gutter out."

No comments:

Post a Comment