Sunday, December 14, 2008

perspective

i've been taking more baths again, lately.  it really is a warm place of solace for my soul, embodied within my physical presence in the water.  i have a chapter left to read in The Shack... and it is coming, as all things do, at a very pertinent time.

chelsea leaves tomorrow.  she really has become my love, my life, my little wife, my irreplaceable companion over these last few months.  although i am truly sad, i am trying to instead just enjoy these final hours with her and be grateful.... feeling blessed at the time we have spent, and knowing that this is goodbye for now, and that no matter the distance on this earth, those close to one's heart are never very far away.  

as the emotions are welling in the bath, stemming from thoughts of moving on, change, and transition... which i know i feel for the present moment, and also for the impending moments to come.... there this quote finds me... lovely and pertinent, it helps me to keep perspective, and i am once again truly awed and inspired by the synchronicities of my existence:

"You can kiss your family and friends good-bye and
put miles between you, but at the same time you can carry them with
you in your heart, your mind, your stomach, because you do not
just live in a world but a world lives in you"

-Frederick Buechner, Telling the Truth

No comments:

Post a Comment