Thursday, December 11, 2008

so.... i have officially applied to graduate school, and have officially decided to join the blogging community. i have made the latter decision for several reasons. although i was a little hesitant at first to commit myself to any more time online/with technology, i figure... i already write. and i never let others read my musings. so what a better place to get over myself than to put it all out there on the internet. it is quite the enchanting and humbling opportunity as a step towards one of my life goals of writing professionally.
also, we are at the place in time and history where people meet, communicate, and keep in touch online... so there is really no need for me to feel silly or hesitant in wanting to participate in the technological age which is our world. like it or not, the train will leave with or without us.
besides all of that, i am facing an imminent and upcoming cross-country move... which means that all of my close, proximal relationships will very soon turn into long distance ones. (this does not include my already existing long distance relationships, many of which are literally across the world)

so... thank you for stopping by. and welcome to my world. have a look around. share. enjoy. live and love.
-sarah

p.s. below is my first post, which is my personal statement for admission to graduate school. its basically me getting naked, so have a looksee...

No comments:

Post a Comment