Tuesday, December 16, 2008

viviendo la vida loca!!

yes....currently, at this moment.

what a crazy afternoon, or should i phrase it better by saying ...geez! who knew what could transpire in a half an hour.

so i graduated half of all of my lovely children today, including my little secret favorites... and that leaves exactly one more school of three classes til this session is complete.

anyhow, i got out of classes and decided to head to purchase some clothing for a little girl i've decided to buy for for christmas (at the bar, we decided to adopt a few families/children and forgo a christmas party)... i had received a text message from orel, filling me in on the fact that matt had proposed to her in jamaica.... so i was excited for them, as well as suddenly aware of my apparently upcoming, imminent role of maid of honor.

she called a couple of minutes later to tell me that she was pregnant... which had been revealed to me only minutes prior by someone who had heard from someone who had heard from someone... (and the beat goes on)

so i'm driving and suddenly, all the brake lights go on and everyone in the right lane is simultaneously halting (we were near the mall... i'd be willing to bet it was lack of blinker on someone's part).. and the fifteen feet b/w me and the car in front of me didn't allow my brakes, which seemed to be working shoddily suddenly to react.. so as i try to pull the e-brake... boom!

luckily, she and i are both uninjured and neither car is in horrible shape.

i get back into my car to a missed voicemail from the director of admissions at my graduate school.... who called sometime between the attempted braking and the exchange of information... to set up... an interview!! 
apparently, its the one step we have left.

i guess there is something to be said for timing (thanks to alicia, whose chipper optimism put the call happening at the time of the accident in perspective as a positive sign of good timing.....i get caught up easily at times)

so i've decided to forgo my pants, and spend the rest of the afternoon/evening in my house, where hopefully less shit can hit the fan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment