Sunday, March 22, 2009

the intricacies of a city....

i feel so blessed to have the introduction to this city that i do.

i'm blessed with a home, full of zany, amazing, unique and horrendously fun souls, including.. but certainly not limited to... a very amazing, very new, very close friend. i've decided its a complete waste of energy to sweat the small stuff, and that my intuition is keen and that i need to have trust in the universe that things are exactly as they should be. worry and angst about the past or future does nothing conducive to my journey.. all it does is take me out of the present moment, and the present moment is inevitable.

money is an important thing, but it comes... just like everything else.

last nights party was AMAZING. the pics are uploading now and will be posted soon.... but a quadruple birthday celebration with a "Dress to the Nines" theme. super sexy dance party in the living room, amazing souls all around.
i'm really a completely blessed girl.

so what can i say about the zany-ness of this city?? like my emotional state at present, it changes everyday and constantly keeps one on their toes. the last few days have led way to a weather of gloom, a respite from the sunny weather that actually caused me to sweat for the first time since moving here a few days ago. today is completely different, bringing back with it the sun. i do believe the sun is also shining because its joseph's (and apparently Jade's) birthday... and my Brit brat is coming tonight with my benny ben. nothing like life-long friends to bring joy and perspective to life.

in spite of the constantly biting wind, i've taken on this incessant look of long shorts combined with long socks.... which has apparently provided me with unexpected notariety and attention. one cute boy buzzed by me on a moped yesterday as i was leaving home, screaming "I LIKE YOUR STYLE!!!" as he rode on by.
all i could think is "let me borrow those Converse".

kelly green mind you. they're on my list of "things i want to purchase once i have a job"

on that front, i had two interviews at the same place and was feeling promising about that endeavor, although i haven't heard back. I'm going to call tomorrow so that I know for sure one way or the other. In the meantime, a possible tutoring opportunity has fallen in my lap. extremely good pay for the hours.... and the odd thing is that it would equal the EXACT amount of money I told Joseph that I would need for the next few months to cover hostel rent, food, and my monthly MUNI pass.

hmmmmmmmmm....... serendipitous??

more later
x
sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment